April 26, 2007

Sean Sherk talks on fighting Mayweather, Jr.

In an interview conducted by RandomSpeak.com, Sean Sherk talks about fighting Mayweather among other things. Here is a snip from the interview:

"Well, you know honestly in a boxing match, of course he'd beat me in a boxing match. In an MMA fight, he would be in for a beating. I mean, he's not going to knock me out with one punch; I've got a hard head and have been boxing for 13 years so it's not like I don't know how to box. So, he'd have to land a lot of punches to stop me from taking him down, and me being one of the best wrestlers in the sport, there's no way he could stop me from taking him down.I don't think that fight would last longer than a minute, to be honest with you. And I don't think he should be talking about something that he can't back up, because I'll fight him tomorrow. I literally would, if they called and asked me to fight Floyd Mayweather, Jr. tomorrow, it's done. He's not going to fight me though, and he's just running his mouth. I don't really respect that a whole lot."

Definitely an interesting interview. It seems as Mayweather has gotten the whole MMA community talking with his comments on how any boxer would defeat a UFC fighter. Seems as though it is nothing but publicity for his upcoming fight against Oscar De La Hoya which some are labeling boxing's "Last Big Fight."

No comments: